Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally Something Good

It has been a rough couple of weeks here on the homefront and medical pursuits front. But tonight as I checked my email before tucking my wee self into bed I found this little bright star. It's from an enrollment manager at QRS School of Medicine where I emailed some questions and info about myself wondering if I ought to bother with an application...here was the response--edited for brevity but key parts intact (allow me to bold my favorite parts of the message):

Dear Albinoblackbear,

Many thanks for your response and for your sharing your details about your unique situation.

In answer to your question, I do feel that you are a great candidate for future success with QRS. A good number of our graduates and current students are not the “traditional” student, but rather have majored in another field or are embarking on their second or even third careers just like you, so do know that you are not alone!

Your grades are solid.

Best of luck to you on your upcoming MCAT. Do keep in touch!

All the best,

Nice Lady at Registrar

WOOOTTT!!

And on a complete non medical topic...I totally spanked my run today. Finally feeling like I am getting my running mojo back. It's a terrible self-defeating cycle with running...I take time away, get frustrated at how fast my abilities wane, don't want to run, go for another bad run, take time away, don't want to run...but this past week I've just been forcing myself to go out the door and I think I am over the slump. My spiffy new running skirt helped a bit too I think.
I like to think my legs are more of a 'cloud white' than 'skim-milk-bluish-white' as pictured...

6 comments:

Rogue Medic said...

Congratulations on the positive response.

Keep it up with the running, forcing myself to do something, even an easy workout is one of my problems. The hard workouts, where I get my heart rate well above my calculated maximum heart rate are so much easier to do. :-)

Albinoblackbear said...

Yeah, I always notice a direct positive correlation with hours exercised to hours slept at night.

I really have no excuse.

:)

Rogue Medic said...

I do notice similar correlations. Not so much with hours slept, but with the energy I have.

Bostonian in NY said...

running well and getting a positive review from med schools...awesome!

Albinoblackbear said...

Yes. This week is looking much better than last. :)

Bostonian in NY said...

Check out that link in runner's world about the skirt culture...

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-369-371--12796-0,00.html