Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Achilles is Actually My Heel

I have problems with my feet.

If you are a long-time reader you may recall "Uncle Fester" from my Himalayan trip training days...or my Summer of Cellulitis last year thanks to a hike in the eastern Reeks..Well it appears that the hills of Ireland have once again bitten me (okay, it was actually my new fell running shoes...)


Ahh, nice views, nice spot for lunch...say, I love my new shoes!


La la la ridge running so fun, these shoes are so great! Mud claw's forevveeerrrrrrrr!!!


I may vomit if I have to put a shoe on ever again. 

6 comments:

Justin said...

OH NO!!! Heel blisters are the absolute worst... At least if it's on the pad of your foot you can alter your gait a bit to avoid it... Guess you won't be tiptoeing for a while :/

Just Me said...

I once couldn't walk because of my "new fancy hiking boots." Blisters upon blisters! Ouch.

Albinoblackbear said...

I am walking around like the tin man today, stiff legs and socks only over my toes...with clogs on. Tomorrow at the hospital ought to be interesting....OUGHHHH!!!!

Just Me said...

Mine took about a week to fully recover and they weren't open sores like yours. There is no amount of tylenol that helps that. Hope surgery was ok.

Albinoblackbear said...

I'm on my peds rotation right now so have been switching up between my softest flats and best campers. PLUS I got immunized in each arm on Tues so have been KNOCKING BACK the tylenol q6h...arms screwed, legs sore, ankles hobbled! hhahah I am a right mess! :D

Yesterday when I was getting out of my car I found myself doing a quick mental calculation of "grams per tylenol so far and when next dose is possible" hahah

I am such a wuss...

L said...

Sweet rollerblading Jesus that looks painful. At least you have a somewhat badass reason for the blisters. "Yeah, I got this bad boy whilst running on a mountain in a foreign country right before I saved a bus full of orphans."

I usually just get blisters from walking to the grocery store or something mundane.